All Course Materials
Session 1: Intro To Course & Conceptual Models
Session 2: Info Architecture & Navigation 1
Session 3: Navigation 2 & Card Sorting
Session 4: Card Sorting Tools & Objects
Session 5: Screen Flow Diagrams
Session 6: Applying Conceptual Models To Design
UX Conceptual Model Design Enterprise Edition
This course teaches how to design a high level conceptual model before doing detailed product and screen design.
The Enterprise Edition of the UX Conceptual Model Design course gives you a full year of access to all the course materials so your entire team can learn. Designing a conceptual model before you do detailed design is one of the secrets of creating products that are usable and engaging.
Here are some of the things the participants will learn:
- What is a mental model and how it relates to a conceptual model.
- How a conceptual model uses user research.
- How designing a conceptual model makes a product more usable.
- How to make information architecture decisions.
- How to make navigation decisions.
- How to identify user objects and views and how to use these to create screen flow diagrams.
- How to use task analyses in the conceptual model process.
- Common mistakes that are made when designing navigation.
- What card sorting is and how to use it to improve the conceptual model.
- The different types of card sorting you can use and when to use which.
- How to design navigation bars so they are easy to use.
This is an Enterprise Edition Course. This course includes videos, quizzes, exercises, discussion questions, student summaries, a study guide, and a facilitator's guide. The assumption is that you have a facilitator that takes the participants through the course as a group. The course is organized into 6 sessions. Each session consists of a 12-30 minute video plus all of the student and facilitator materials.
Your subscription gives you access to all the course materials for a full year, including updates and new content at no additional charge.
If any of your team is working towards their UX Certificate, this course also includes a Study Guide to help them prep for the UX Certificate exam.
Purchase a full one-year subscription now by clicking on the Purchase button at the top of this page and get started now.
If you have any questions please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is the target audience?
- UX Designers, UX Professionals, Product Managers, Web Designers, Business Analysts, Usability Professionals
About the Instructor: Susan Weinschenk, The Brain Lady
Susan Weinschenk has a Ph.D. in Psychology and over 30 years of experience as a behavioral scientist. She applies research in psychology to predict, understand, and explain what motivates people and how they behave. Her work includes training, presenting, and consulting in communications, customer experience, user experience, and usability. She is a consultant and keynote speaker for Fortune 1000 companies, start-ups, non-profit agencies, educational institutions, and conferences. Her clients include Walmart, Disney, The Mayo Clinic, Charles Schwab, and Best Buy.
Dr. Weinschenk is the author of several books, including 100 Things Every Designer Needs To Know About People, 100 MORE Things Every Designer Needs To Know About People, How to Get People To Do Stuff, 100 Things Every Presenter Needs To Know About People, and Neuro Web Design: What makes them click? Her nickname is The Brain Lady, because she applies research on the brain and neuroscience to design. She is the CEO of The Team W.